Day 28, Saturday, November 24, 2007

No sleeping late this morning…up at 0530. Showered and then coffee and breakfast. After that I commenced to clean the bird poop off the dodger, bimini and sail cover.

Around 0745 I jumped in the rental car to return it to Enterprise. When I arrived there I found they opened at 0900 on Saturdays. With time to spare, I went back to the marina and did more to get the boat ready to depart. Day-O and Whisper had already left.

I took the car back at 0900 and we finally got underway about 0930 hours. We used the jib and averaged 6.3 mph over the 40 miles to the next anchorage at MM 918. When we arrived Whisper and Day-O had already put their dinghies in the water so we took a ride with Larry and Judy. We rode about the anchorage but never could find a place to put ashore safely because of the rock rip rap. Larry finally took us back to our boat.

We fixed some dinner and Donna enjoyed a few games of Mahjongg on the new computer.

Location: Melbourne Bridge anchorage at ICW MM 918. Today’s progress: 40 Statute Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment