Day 5, Thursday, Nov 1, 2007

We slept late but were still up at 0700. Donna took the time to make a fabulous breakfast which we both enjoyed. The winds are predicted to be 30-40 mph and cause some wind driven flooding, so we moved all the boats further up the creek for more protection. The weather that day was the classic “calm” before the storm. The sky was clear, there was lots of sunshine and the winds were light. We visited the Paradise Cove again around 1600 and returned to the boats at 1800. At that time the sky was gray and the wind was increasing. Donna and I cooked a steak on the grill and turned in around 2130. Around midnight the winds were really up and I couldn’t sleep. I sat in the main salon and watched us anchor sail. I fell asleep occasionally, but the wind noise always kept me on edge. Near morning it had gotten pretty cold so I crawled back in the Vberth with Donna just to get warm and sleep a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment