August 2009

The next project is a biggy. I want a bow roller and windlass on board before we head south again. Ninkasi was never designed to have either according to the Hunter folks. I find pictures of homemade attempts at these installations, but I an not impressed with any of the bow rollers. I decide to install a horizontal windlass in the anchor well and turn the bow roller over to professionals. I contact Howdy Bailey (famous local yacht builder) who though semi-retired is still doing marine work. He’s backed up with lots of work but I manage to get into his work queue.

We took Ninkasi on the club cruise to York River and two weeks later to Cape Charles. Unfortunately, while we were gone Howdy came to look at our boat. Before I found out, he was already involved in a big job over in Norfolk. Out of frustration I started prototyping roller platform ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment